Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thought of the day...

After reading an article about the U.S - it got me thinking(dangerous, no doubt!)

One of the things that struck me is the number of people who talk about not being able to afford to go to the doctor, not being able to get help for mental health problems, etc. I know people in Canada still have problems with affording medications and dental care, but at least I’ve always been able to see a doctor when I needed one.

The other thing that breaks my heart is how being poor sometimes mean your kids get to join the military. If that’s one of their life’s great ambitions, good luck to them, and God bless. But the thought that people join the army because that’s the only way they can get their teeth fixed… or because there just aren’t any other options… Rich people don’t have to worry about that, which just makes it seem like the people who didn’t grow up with that advantage are expendable, doesn’t it?

I’ve been so blessed. I’ve had tons of tough times, but there has never been a time when I couldn’t count on family to help me through, or on friends to invite us over for supper when they could (or offer to babysit for free!) - there was once even an envelope with enough $$ in grocery store gift certificates. (And damn right I’ll be doing the same for other people in the future when I can!).

But overall, Canadians are a pretty lucky bunch if you ask me!

And on a lighter note-

Hormones: sounds like a loud hooker, eh?????

Yeah, I know, I haven’t been writing. It’s not that nothing is happening around here; in fact, TOO MUCH is happening for me to have time to get on here and write about it. Also, I'm not feeling so funny lately, and goodness knows I wouldn’t want to bore y’all with the insignificant and mind-numbing details of my life if I can’t put a humorous spin on it. I’m not depressed… just uninspired.

Kayla is sick again -- it ain't helping matters much!

No comments: