Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuup!

Okay, so here I am finally updating this woefully out of date blog. Hi. How have you been? Great, me too.

I've come to realise that this blog was becoming a "what's Kayla up to now" type of thing, which isn't interesting to that many people and was getting more difficult to update. I don't particularly want to maintain an electronic baby book! The day-to-day funnies tend to get included with my Facebook statuses (statii?).

This will be a more general blog about whatever's drifting around my tiny brain. It might be mummy-related, or it might be food-related (most likely)!.

Something interesting has come up. I've been given the opportunity to do Massage at the World Junior Hockey Championships in Regina and Saskatoon. This would be a great and fun opportunity it scheduling will allow for it. Definitely gives something to look forward too....

It's COLD here. Snow has fallen, and autumn is a memory. I actually enjoy it when it starts to get cooler because it means it's crockpot, stew and soup time -- there's something so comforting about autumn/winter foods. Everything slows down. It's the sort of food you want to take to bed with you and cuddle under the duvet. Which I don't do, because I'm clumsy and would end up with a bed full of food. And it would be a little bit weird.

Took Kayla to see "Up" and "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" last weekend, and it was wonderful. Both are fantastic alternatives to the usual mindless kiddie fare. And "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs", which isn't nearly as thought-provoking as "Up", but is hilarious and brilliantly animated. Thank the gods that children's films are often bearable and even enjoyable for adults these days!

I think that just might be it -- for now!

Ithankyew.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Welcome back bloggy pants.

Kathryn said...

Helloooooooooooo!

You're pregnant again. Know what that means!? I'm gonna have to go get knocked up again....Gotta be even for Baby squad....