Sunday, July 22, 2007

A bad case of the Blahs...

Still feeling super ultra mega caca this morning, mostly due to the godforsaken pubic bone pain. The pain is relentless, making sleep (and pretty much everything else) impossible or at the very least uncomfortable. I'm absolutely petrified now of going into labour because the thought of pushing right now fills me with terror. I can barely walk or stand up from sitting, let alone put any amount of pressure down there to get a baby out.

I went to the docs of friday and got a little scare. They were unable to find Kayla's heartbeat for some time. I wish just lying there thinking, give me the damn thing and lemme find it!!!!!! Finally after about 10 mins of searching they found he heartbeat - it was perfect. Anyways, then they were concerned that she had switched positions and was in a breech postion - honestly, I didn't buy it. She's not a small baby, I think I would have felt someone doing a full on turn in my belly. I haven't felt anythign in remotely close to that. Anyways, after getting another doctor in they came to the consensus that, yes, she's head down! Phew....We got lucky with that one.

In the meantime, my mid back is sore and I'm getting lots of lower bump cramps - but only on my left side. However, I don't sense that this little girl will be coming out anytime soon (musch to the dismay of my side of the family!) - there has been zero braxton hicks contractions, and no indication that she wants out. But, I've had a few conversations with Beanie asking if she could possibly just come on out and make a break for it. Hopefully she's not going through a rebellious stage at the moment and will listen to her mommy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Don't worry about being in labour with the pelvic pain. Your body does amazing things during labour and to give birth!

I had that pain so bad with Jack. I couldn't walk longer than a couple minutes, I was in tears by the time I reached the top of the stairs, I'd have to psych myself up just to roll over in bed cause it hurt so much. Then VOILA, I went into labour and the pain was mostly gone! I was able to go on a couple walks around the neighbourhood, and pushing was no problem. When it comes time to push, your body has so much adrenaline that pain and tiredness just don't matter! I was SOOOOO tired from 37 hours of labour with Jack and then that pushing urge came, and that all went away.