Not in labor...Let's just get that out of the way!
Because I've been lackin' on the blogging scene hardcore and it's been brought to my attention - and I'm bored out of my mind right now - I will give the masses an update. But I can assure you, this may be bedtime reading due to it's boring contents.....
And start:
Really nothing much to report, other than the obvious - I'm friggin' uncomfortable and I have been for quite some time. I hurt and I hurt bad. In fact, even my hair hurts! Oh, the joys of the final week(s) before birth. I'm 39 weeks pregnant today and there's a VERY large chance that it'll stay this way for a few more weeks to come. I'm in pain now but the baby hasn't even moved into my pelvis yet (that should be fun when she does!). But as before,I do get sharp pains in the front whenever I get up. The middle of my back hurts, and I can only assume this is from my expanding ribs. I have been waking up in the middle of the night with pains in my back and front (it's like having the worst backache ever and being torn apart from the inside out at the same time.....wheeee). I've been told to start popping some Tylenol but realize that we don't have any - but eventually last night I managed to get some sleep. It's like the aftermath of a strenuous workout at the gym, but with bad heartburn and needing to pee every ten minutes.
At the doctor's appt, our doc said that she's obvioulsy not as low as she would want her to be. Great! And asked how I would fare with having her in there for another 2.5 weeks to which I responded quite honestly, "I'd shoot myself". Okay, maybe it's not THAT extreme, but just the thought makes me nervous. Also, we found out the doctor is going on vacation on Friday, just one day prior to the due date. This is disheartening to me, because we're VERY comfortable with this doc and now, chances are, there will be someone delivering the baby that we don't know, and we're not comfortable with. I'm dissapointed, very dissapointed.
The thing is, I'm as uncomfortable as hell but still feeling moderately happy. So this is good. On the other hand, I'm a bit frightened to think that this discomfort could potentially last up to another three weeks, by which time, I will be the unhappiest of bunnies. Note to self: stock up on more ice cream, just in case.
Next, this is the portion I call: "Back away from the news groups"
I really must stop reading the Insane Pregnancy Bulletin Boards because it irks me. It's not that people panic about the most inane issues (we've all been there, I'm sure) it's some of the attitudes about labour and birth that I find so disheartening. I have read countless messages from women who will DEMAND(not that that's even an option for me) an induction as soon as they go over their due dates - literally, once the 40 weeks are up. Some are scheduling c sections in lieu of induction, but for the same reason. There seems to be this fear about going over due dates, however no one understands the fact that the "perfect" 40 week pregnancy is hugely inaccurate. It's like we've failed somehow if our due date comes and goes without producing a baby, and in the weeks leading up to this dreaded date, women frantically stuff themselves with spicy food, take bumpy car rides, and drag their husbands back into the bedrooms for one last go (which might I add is what my doc "prescribed"!) At 35 weeks, some are already asking how they can induce labour naturally and start popping raspberry leaf capsules (which I don't actually induce labour, but that's another issue) and squirting evening primrose oil on their cervixes. I only wish I was kidding.
I totally understand how anxious you can get not knowing when the Big Day will arrive(god know's I am). There is a loss of control, a feeling of inadequacy of missing the due date (and having to contend with all the "haven't you given birth yet?" comments), and an urgency to get your body back. We spend our pregnancies counting the weeks and even the days, hours even! (I fully admit to doing this myself even now). And now that that date is looming very close, I feel pressure, a lot of it - I guess mostly now because I'm SUPER uncomfortable and also, I want to make sure OUR doctor is the one delivering Kayla....*sigh*
I find that everything I eat gives me heartburn now - EVERYTHING! Do you know how upsetting it is to not be able to eat chocolate and ice cream when you're heavily pregnant? It's inhumane! Soup and toast are not enough to keep the gestating woman going. So, it seems like it's the toddler diet for me: eat a tiny nibble of food, get distracted and leave the table, come back to my plate and take another tiny nibble, and repeat until the meal is finished two hours later. Throw my cup and cutlery on the floor just for fun. Perhaps stick a Cheerio up my nose!
And by the way, I'm still waiting for the cabana boy to bring me a virgin daiquiri!
On another note I will deem this portion: "When it rains, it pours!"
Scott and I seem to be dishing out a crapload of money these day's on expenses we didn't see coming at all...
1. Our car - of course!: We knew we had to get the rear suspension fixed since christmas, it was our fault for putting it off. Well the time has come and now we must. But we find out there's another problem...So say goodbye to 1500 to 2000 bucks on Tuesday! Love it!
2. Our camcorder that Scott bought me for Christmas is HORRIBLE! Like the quality is crap. I NEVER would have expected this from a 500 dollar piece of machinary. Anyways, we're trying to take it back and exchange it(and pay the difference) for one that you can at least SEE something!
3. Our camera is busted. I have to have a pre-smacking fest with it everytime I want to take a picture. So it's a MUST that we have a camera....That should be bought this weekend....
I'm pretty sure we're cursed when it comes to anything electronic....In fact, I know we are. We have problems with our t.v's, camera's, camcorders, cars, computers...Everything! I really wish money grew on tree's these day's!!!
Right, that's it. I'm gonna go watch some horrible Saturday TV.
That is all....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Kathy (SP)
Hang in there! Your a trooper! That little darling will be here before you know it. I'm praying for you that its soon so the discomfort ends. Thanks for sharing the journey, its been so wonderful to read. I cant wait to see pictures of her!
Cherie
Post a Comment