It does feel good to go into the nursery every day and see that it looks like a real baby's room now that we have added a few more decorative items. I love picking up and holding baby clothes knowing they will contain our little girl soon. It's still a bit surreal to make the mental leap from wriggling beanie inside me to our daughter Kayla that we can see, touch, and hear. It's odd to think that I'm going to be a mother - I am a mother already I guess...But It will be VERY different!
I will admit one thing, though. As soon as Kayla is born, I'm gonna have an entire wheel of deep fried brie and I'm gonna sleep on my stomach!!!!!!!
We have gone through a series of specific phases when it comes to buying baby things. The first phase was the initial buying bonanza after our detailed scan, and hooowheee was that fun - and expensive!! Then we went through a phase of "better not buy that in case someone else gets it for us" and we didn't buy anything else except for a few pieces of clothing here and there. Now we're going through the phase of "ohmygawd the baby's coming soon and there's stuff we're gonna need as soon as we come home", and so we visited 'Babies R Us' yesteday. We bought some newborn-sized sleepsuits (we have tons of 3-6 month clothes, thankfully), a car seat protector for under the actual car seat, a sun visor for the car, a baby tub/shower, a bottle sterilizer and a few completely unnecessary items that I can't even remember. We still need quite a few things, but they can wait - I hope!
Man, I could go for a 'Big Mac' right now...It's 11:19 am!
On Sunday, Barbara and others put together a wonderful baby shower for me - a surprise one. This is the second one in a couple of weeks, and has helped us out hugely in getting ready for baby! Barb brought a ton of food including things for the Chocolate Fountain. And Ashley made an amazing cake (picture below. I'm still gorging myself on it, even as we speak - yummy!). We lounged, we laughed, we ate. Good times had by all....
We also played some games such as Guess How Huge Kathryn Is (guests had to estimate my belly circumference using a ribbon - some were close while others *cough cough Cathy* overestimated by about three feet!!!!!!!!)
Then we had a family BBQ. All in all it was a perfect day!
I'm sore from sitting so that is all for now.......

2 comments:
I've never wanted to eat an entire bathrub until now.
That cake is amazing.
Sorry I missed the shower. It sounded wonderful. the cake looked yummy too. Let me know what else you guys need so I can get something. I thought I would wait until after the shower, so you got something you might be missing. love ya take care. (P.S. labour is not that bad...just keep your thoughts on the prize (Kayla) and you will be fine. )
Post a Comment