For some strange reason, I don't really feel like my due date is as close as it is. Maybe it's because I'm certain Beanie will arrive late, at least this is what the doctor would consider normal for a first pregnancy. Maybe it's because I feel pretty good (on the most part) and relaxed. Maybe it's denial. Whatever the reason, my brain hasn't quite processed the fact that we will have a newborn in the house next month.
I feel strangely calm. My life revolves around getting ready for the baby and eating.
So these days, I'm either cleaning, or I'm shovelling food into my gob. Not a bad life, really.
As I head into the home stretch, for the record, I would like to note that I am:
-grumpy and exhausted. Why yes, I am looking for a fight. Why do you ask?
-starting to get a bit puffy - I still have ankles, they have yet to turn into hobbit cankles.
-experiencing what I would call some Braxton Hicks contractions but nothing to make me think that this little girl will come anytime soon.
-My back pain is the most bothersome "problem" I have now. I've been utilizing some chinese medicine cupping techniques to help alleviate some of the pain. Let's just say my back officially looks like Scott has taken it upon himself to beat me senseless with golf balls due to my constant bickering and bitching.
-having hideous heartburn, and my rolaids and excessive milk intake are barely working, making me overly irritable
-unable to eat very much at one time, and nothing too rich. What's the point of being pregnant if you can't eat like a pig? Fffft..
-still unable to fully finish setting up the nursery because we are still waiting for the damned curtains!
-not inclined to pack a hospital bag because I'm in denial - althought I probbaly should do that soon.
-worried about all sorts of irrational things. Like whether or not I'll need a hospital bag or if I'll just give birth in our car or something along tose lines....
But on the plus side, I am:
-managing to get a fairly good night's sleep most nights. By fairly good nights rest I mean more than 4 hours of sleep in total!
-keeping my blood pressure at a normal level and there is nothing of interest happening in my wee.
-very excited at that we found a surf city squeeze that give unusually large cups of strawberry banana smoothies!
-grateful for the colder weather yesterday and today. I never wanted to be hugely pregnant during a heat wave!
-enjoying my days off and using the time to prepare the apartment before the birth.
Also, the following update landed in my inbox today:
Hello from BabyCentre!
Your baby is now considered full-term. That means you could give birth any day now.
*hack cough sputter* Noooooooo! I haven't stretched any of my bits yet!! However that's done!!!!
I'd better go right now and get into the bath, just in case I go into labor RIGHT NOW!
On a different note: My parents have officially abandoned us and moved to England. Until Thursday, I really felt that maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't leave. But alas, they did....And now we're fending for ourselves!
More "exciting" news to come.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
geez Mama,
Pop that kid out already.
I'm getting tired of waiting for the newest member of the baby girl squad!
Word of advice...pack your bag...I too waited and it wasn't a pretty picture when my water broke at Chili's....just tryin to help a sista out.
Can't wait to e-meet the little one!
Post a Comment