Sunday, May 28, 2006

Why is this...

I've been thinking hard over this lately, someone asked me how could I possibly have a male friend who's an ex. Oooooooooooooo, the male/female debate, can they be JUST friends!?!?!

Okay let me put one thing into perspective. Scott is my best friend - period. But yes, I do have a male friend. I actually dated him way back when(like i'm talking 6-7 years ago or something), we parted ways and ever since we've never questioned whether or not that was for the best, because, well, it was. He has since had girlfriends, and I was in a serious relationship and he is currently in a very committed relationship. Why shouldn't we be friends? In my mind, you can never have enough friends. AND why should you not be friends with an ex? Scott has exes that he's friends with, heck, one of our mutual friends is one of his exes, she introduced us!

This one i've always struggled in expressing my views to people. You cared for that person, it didn't work out romantically, but you had a great friendship - why give up the friendship part. The way I see it, if you were really friends to begin with then you would stay friends. Why would people give up so easily on friendships. How can you go from caring to hating so easily? I dunno, but I never understood it.

But what I do know for certain is that I never, nor do I hate any of my exes. Most I still chat with here and there. One of the more serious relationships i've had, he wants nothing to do with me, however I respect his decision to not speak with me and I of course would never push for a friendship - his loss. The way I see it, why should the dudes suffer just cause i'm Kathy 'Heartbreaker' Pritchett - there's enough of me to go around people, can't we all just get along!?!?! In a platonic sense of course!!!!

No comments: