Friday, September 22, 2006

Ennui and Absolution On The Fly....

*sigh*

Well I've napped, napped some more, played (well more like watched people on t.v play some fun games), read, read some more, watched tv, watched movies and napped again... enough already! I'm bored *sigh* My five days off granted to me by the "dermatitis annoyis" have replaced what normally constitutes a weekend so now I'm ready to get back to having things to do and places to go. This is when I chant once again "I wish I had a car" because I would have hit the road if for nothing more than a change of scenery whilst blaring my favorite auto audio.

Scott did surprise me last night though and it was a nice surprise. He called me from work, knowing how crazy it's been here, stuck inside for five day's straight. He called, told me to "get all prettied up" and to meet him downstairs from our apartment in 25 minutes. He took me out on a little date....So sweet. Just what the doctor ordered.

So absolution...

I've just come off of an interesting chat with someone I used to barely know. We spent a few moments together a lifetime ago and lost touch... well actually no, he was part of my I'm-now-in-a-relationship MSN contacts cleanup -- I can't be alone in this phenomenon. Anyhow, I had no reason to block him so I simply pressed delete at that time. So imagine my surprise when I received a pop-up window asking if I wanted to add him to my contacts list again. Curious as to what he had to say, I did.

Moments later he asks me how I've been. I tell him fine, that I actually thought of him a few weeks ago after I watched a movie we had seen together. Anyhow, I digress. So he said something to the effect of how sweet it was I thought of him and how he had been thinking of me though in a different context. I of course grinned and shook my head at my screen realizing the purpose of his message. This is not the first "friendly" resurfacing I've been privy to and yet it amused me more than others.

I was patient, cordial, playing a little innocent. Making him jump through hoops essentially and it was entertaining if not a little pathetic to say the least. Hey I have nothing else to do with my time. Truth be told I had harboured some resentment where he was concerned. I filed my experiences with him under "too self-involved and not worth my time". Oh sure he had redeeming qualities BUT the bottom line was and is no, not even if I were single.

So after realizing that I was not only uninterested but that I am also in an exclusive relationship and about to married in two weeks, then came out the "real reason" for his message. The search for absolution. He "really" wanted to "make it up to me". Oh the self-deprecation he endured at the realization he had been unjust. How he wanted so much for so long to rectify the situation. You get the picture.

Do I believe that he was sincerely looking for absolution? In part perhaps, the part of him that is quick-thinking and aware of what it is women expect to hear. But in reality I would bet the farm on the simple fact that I was booty call number ? in a long list of former "friends" he used to "know" in the hot pursuit of self-gratification and bed notch augmentation.

How was it left you might ask? Well I'll tell you. We said our seemingly genial good bye and good lucks and I suspect tandemly blocked and deleted one another.

Bah...

No comments: