Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Want Kids? No thanks, I've got some t.v to watch!

I have a new form of birth control for those who don't already have kids. Watch a weeks worth of kiddie programs. Hell, watch 1 hours worth! It's a sure fire way to protect yourself from contracting a tiny little "parasite" otherwise known as a baby. (granted, they are very cute and cuddly!)

Here's a little conversation that was had this morning -- and believe me, have kidlets and it WILL happen to you to. There's no avoiding it -- your days, car rides, dreams, and fights will be bombarded with thoughts and arguments about these crappy shows, and theme songs. Oh yes, you will know each character by name, and each theme song off heart. And let's just say, it's not pretty...

Here's a conversation that took place this morning:

*Start scene*

M: Hey. I was arguing with Pat. Is it ---

1..2..3..4
1,2,3,4
1234 SQUARES come on let's sing it, come on lets move, let rhyme lets groove it, THERE'S THREE FOUR SQUARES or, LETS PLAY FOUR SQUARES? He says it's lets play, I'm like no! It's there's 3 4 squares!

Me: I'm gonna agree with Pat on this one -- I'm pretty positive it's "let's play"

M: I kept it hearing after...I'm like NO! Just NOW (it's on) I thought I heard "let's play". I was like NO IT'S NOT! I'm gonna google the lyrics! But it's nowhere to be found!

Me: Yeah, see. It is "Let's Play". Oh Lord.....This is sad. You know you're a parent when you're arguing about a kids theme songs....

M: I know!!!

Me: Ugh -- So sad. We need to get out more......I'm not kidding

M: And the funny thing is, I watch/hear/sing it EVERY DAY! He's at work most of the time and he knows it.

*End scene*

Okay, folks, this will happen to you too -- You can't escape it.

Still want kid's? -- if you answered "yes", you clearly haven't tuned in Treehouse yet!

No comments: