Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Moment Of Truth!

OKay...So even though only two people actually read my blog - Kathy and Ashley, everyone that we talked to played the "Guessing Game".

Every single person thought boy...

So if EVERYONE, including myself and Scott, thinks it's a boy then that must be the correct answer.....

In fact, not one person guessed the correct answer...The general consensus at the hospital was that it's, in fact, a GIRL!!!!!!!!

My entire family thought "boy"...Angie was like, "are you joking with me, or are you
serious?". And my dad has always been saying, "Oh, Definately a boy!"

"Daddy" is definately excited about the prospects of welcoming a baby girl. He say's "litle girls love their daddies!". So he's definately come to terms with not having a son! We went out for dinner with Dylan the other night(prior to knowing what we were going to have) and he said that he'd definately want a little girl because he such a sucker for them! The two men talking about having little girls was by far the cutest thing that I've had the pleasure of watching and hearing! Uncle Dylan - Now you get that little girl!!!!!!!!

I'm still in shock over this...I keep going around and saying "I can't beleive it's a girl....I just can't beleive it". I actually made the tech check 4 times before I would even consider the possibility that she might be right, and each time, the same thing...No penis, No testes!!! And although no ultrasound can test can ever be 100%, she said at this point it's pretty fair to say that It's 75-80% chance that it's a girl....I was so positive it was boy, I already had some boy "stuff" hung up in the closet!

I didn’t realize how deep that belief was that I was having a boy until I saw my reaction that it was a girl. Frankly, the idea of it being a girl had never entered our minds, and now I have had some major adjustments to make in my way of thinking.

I find myself at a weird and unexpected place. Now that I know it’s not a boy I have this sense of disappointment at the back of my mind. I’m not disappointed that it’s a girl; I’m just disappointed that it’s not a boy. Funny huh? I doubt it even makes sense! I believe that I would feel the same way if I had found out it was a boy. Just a small sense of loss for the one that we’re not having.

Does that make sense?

I don't want it to come across that I'm not excited for a baby girl, because I am....I'm just surprised, as are most people!

Well folks, you heard it here first! We're expecting a little baby girl. Guess we should actually start looking at some girls names.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuse me...but i am neither kathy nor ashley....and i left a comment. get the facts straight misses!

Lizaberry said...

Well, I definitely stalk your blog regularly! I have a name suggestion...Classy. Seriously--if not, maybe you could go with Ideala. Beautiful!

Kathy said...

Jason and I can totally relate to that feeling. We both had convinced ourselves that Caden was going to be a girl, and it takes a while to adjust to a new way of thinking...Don't worry, pretty soon the reality will set in and you'll be picturing your future in pink instead of blue and it will be the perfect fit.
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
and now your fam finally has a little girl to buy for so expect some serious spoilage.
LOVE!