An actual conversation between Kayla and I went something like this:
Me: "Kayla, please don't touch the buttons on the t.v."
Kayla: "Yup" *push, push*
Me (kneeling down and taking her hand away from the t.v): "Kayla, No. Mommy just asked you not to touch the buttons, and were you touching the buttons?"
Kayla: "Yup."
Me: "You're right, you were touching the buttons. Now please go play somewhere else. Would you like a snack?"
Kayla: "Cracka"
Me: "Okay, let's go get some crackers."
As I stated this I went to go and turn down the volume on the t.v(the buttons Kayla had pushed).
Kayla (looking at me and grabbing my hand and yanking it away): "No, no, no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Me(shocked): "Kayla, mommy is allowed to touch the t.v because I'm a grown up."
Kayla: *An absolute look of shock and disgust on her face*
Me: "I know Kayla, Mommy can hardly believe that she's grown up either!"
End scene.
Seriously, I just got "lectured" by a one year old. Rough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment