Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Precious Silver Lining.

Today is already panning out to be a big barrel of laughs:

Kayla didn't fall asleep until 4:30 am (after closer examination, it looks as though she has three or four new teeth that have just broken the surface. Running total of teeth -- 11-12. Poor baby)

I'm in pain -- A lot of it. I've been popping pills since this morning. It's official, my uterus and ovaries have clearly revolted against me. Not fun when treating clients.

Kayla had a fall as she was chasing after me -- possibly a black eye in the works?

I feel as though I have the dreaded Listeria (but really, who doesn't?) -- And I've been feeling this way since Tuesday.

But more importantly than anything else, here are some things that made me smile this week:

-Kayla started drinking from a straw, and used her spoon to feed herself for the first time.

-The English language is very confusing, indeed. Kayla uses both a toothbrush and a comb to brush her hair(and sometimes a spoon?). She understands the word "brush" in terms of hair grooming only. This has led to much hilarity and toothpaste in my Kayla's fluffy hair.

-The dramatic pointing: Kayla toddles around like a lunatic and will stop suddenly and point. I think her thought process goes like this: "Run run run run run run run run run...wait! Look at that! [stand perfectly motionless and point with great enthusiasm] Done now. Run run run run run run run run..."

-Kayla had a full out "conversation" with her stuffed animals, turning her head from side to side, and smiling away.

-Kayla says "hiya!" Not sure if this is in a Miss Piggy karate kind of way, or if it's some form of greeting.

-I've seen Kayla walk around, for up to twenty minutes, holding her doll on her shoulder, patting it's back, and whispering "Shhh. Shhh. Shhh." Seriously, how cute is that!?

-Kayla's discovery that the toilet paper roll is a great source of amusement.

-Kayla's face when she see's me first thing in the morning is hilarious!

Love it!

No comments: