It was time. I promise.
Until about a month ago, I thought you just didn’t cut a baby girl’s hair until they were well past the first year, despite what everyone has been telling me from the moment Kayla showed her precious face and sweet action hair to the world.. But no, I was wrong. I knew Kayla had a mullet, but I was in denial - big time.
Kayla was clearly at the M4 stage (M short for Mullet, of course). This would be considered a full on Mullet, and most severe in the mullet family. When she was born she was only at an M1, but in no time she had rapidly progressed through the M2/M3 stages.
I took her in to Little Tots, a salon dedicated to cutting children's hair. No "average" salon would do for this little princess.
I allowed the persistent stylist to cut all of 3 inches off into a sweet little bob. Then she put a cute little baby scrunchie type thingy in her hair, and then she took a blow dryer to it (Kayla didn't like that part so much!)
Anyways, she looks like a different child now. I'm not sure why, but she looks like a baby again.
She didn't despise the entire process -- just the majority of it! But I told her beauty is hard work and she’ll just learn to persevere!!!
She's a good listener. To celebrate we went to the park, and took a dip in the hot tub(although I think the latter was more for mommy than Kayla.)






While the boy's played Settlers of Cattan, the ladies were clearly hard at work!

No comments:
Post a Comment