So, today I went for my umpteenth ultrasound....However, today was different. I actually got to see a real live baby!!!! EEEEEEEEEK. And I'm not talking like little alien lookin' thing, I'm talking like, a baby! With a nose and eyes, and fingers and toes! I was the greatest experience of my life thus far....I just can't beleive it.
The ultrasound tech said "This baby is the 'squirmiest' baby I've ever seen!". And Beanie was....It was hilarious. Beanie was staring right at the ultrasound and kinda followed it around and did some acrobatics!!!!! In fact, I think we could call him/her Bart Simpson....The kid actually Mooned us...Like a full on moon. Me and the tech. laughed for a good hour at the baby, kicking and punching and sucking it's thumb!!!!! Definately daddies little squirt (literally!).
I did get pictures, however, they take them on x-ray paper so I can't really scan it. I haven't given up hope yet so hopefully in the very near future I'll get to introduce you to the craziest, squirmiest baby around!
And for those of you who might be superstitious....We got a heartbeat of 160. However, I could of sworn I saw little boy's junk (they were "glowing" - I swear to you!)....Especially since at that exact moment she asked "are you interested in knowning gender!". Of course I said yes, but the Dr. wouldn't let her quite yet. Too soon to be 100% positive. So, if you go by the heartrate wives-tale - 160 means a girl. If you go by the glowing junk - Let's hope it's a boy! For his sake at least!
They also took, TEN, Count'em, TEN, viles of blood. I'm pretty she the nurse was a vampire and was keeping a few viles for herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh I'm so jealous! Darn having to wait until march to have my ultrasound!!!
Old wives' tales suck. Jack was in the 160-170 range my whole pregnancy. It changes to due activity. If they are moving the heart rate is higher than if they're sleeping. Jack was always moving at my doc apts so it was always high!
Hopefully they'll be able to tell the gender at your next ultrasound.
Post a Comment