Monday, January 23, 2006

I've discovered something

I'm completely out of touch with the kids today. And that's ok by me. I know i'm not THAT much older, but there is obvioulsy a HUGE gap in the way it was when I was younger. If I look at a group of kids now and compare it to the way I was, and the way my peers were, there's a tremendous difference in the two. See, it's not that I was a normal kid, but the essential ingredients can be found in all youth of the same era.

Perhaps it's just a 'coming out' of these traits, or perhaps it's just a cycle, but I'm noticing more and more that it's trendy to hate your parents politics, it's ok to be a slutty, and if you aren't a part of this, you're S.o.l. Ok so the last one is a universal truth, but it's complimentive to the other observations.

There is no spirit or purpose to the current generation of youth. Perhaps I'm way off base, perhaps it has yet to be seen. A lot of these degenerate losers need to get jobs, not drug dealing or picking fights with chicks on Go buses in front of their 6 year old son and daughter for no apparent reason at all.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I want to raise my son to be just like I was...because I was an awesome child who grew into a phenominal adult..do you think he'll rebel against me for saying that?