Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Metamorphosis...

I've noticed something lately. How at my happiest I have little of interest to say. The bad days don't seem so bad anymore... Great days happen routinely... I could bitch about a billion things but the fact is that each day I wake up with a pretty terrific bottom line: I have amazing people in my life... I'm in love... I'm loved.

It's a little pathetic to think that my creativity and opinions are fueled by angst but maybe I haven't quite gotten to know myself as I am now. Short of the occasional hormone/habit induced cynical micro meltdown, I've learned to not question these changes for the better. Hell, I've even embraced them! Yay! Yay I say!

I deserve this damn it. To be happy. To know that my past does not define me. To realize that maybe, just maybe I've been wrong all these years. To understand that living my life at an arm's length, although safe, sucks serious ass. To accept that living requires risk and chance and faith. To believe in my worth despite lingering scars only I can see. To forgive and move forward letting go of ghosts that haunt.

I'm happy...that's just the way it is now. Time to get used to it!!! This is definately something I can live with....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYY, that's right..I say yay too. It makes me even happier knowing that you are this happy. and that's pretty impressive. You rock, NAE...WE rock.

But I do agree with you...the happier we seem to be the less we have to write about. Sure we could gross people out some more about how much we love each other and fill everyone in on the little, minute details of our wedding planning. But, it has been brought to our attention in the past that they do not wish to read about such things.

Other then that, what really is there to write about. We are in Love and I'm pretty sure everyone else in the world is jealous of us.

Oh, and I'm glad you've given in to the fact that we are going to be happy for the rest of our lives together.....it will make things a little easier that way!! *WINKITY WINK WINK** I LOVE YOU!!!

Kathy said...

YAY Happy. Nothing wrong with a little good news in this world, that's what I always say...actually I never say that, but I do mean it. Congrats!