Sunday, August 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

Okay, So i'll first start off by saying that I'm actually glad to be home. Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time on our trip (minus a few, let's say, setbacks). Here's the lowdown on some details, and I'll let our pictures do the rest of the talking....

1. Our trip started off on a high note, I got stuck behind on obnoxious family with horrible children who kept bashing their seats against my knees. Literally, I had bruises on my kneecaps. Scott actually talked to the parents of the kids of me and asked them not to put their seats back because, as we are so tall, there's really no room for that luxury. Well apprently the parents didn't care, cause it then became a game for them and I spent the three hours there with my hands rubbing my patellas.... Not cool!

2. We got off the plane to find our luggage coming around the conveyer belt! This was a good thing. However, we noticed that our luggage was NOT in the same condition as we had left it...Oops! It was smashed into many many pieces, however, the Cubans, so very nicely, placed the wheel on top of the luggage. Absolutly unusable for our return trip. The positive in all this? Our luggage was better than some others, and all of our articles were still there. Also, we learned that we can fit a week of living supplies into two backbacks!!!!

3. The resort was lovely, absolutly gorgeous....

4. It was hot, humid and did I say hot????????

5. I got dirty burns which turned into a wonderful tan, but then peeled off into some crazy, ugly, itchy, burny "tanburn".....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6. We got "stuck" on a jeep tour because Castro was "sick" and they blocked off our roads......We thought maybe we were gonna get a VERY loooooooong vacation!

7. The food was great...But It got old pretty fast. I actually didn't start feeling sick from it until the second last day, in which it may take a few days to adjust back. The good news, I didn't eat my normal "healthy diet" that I started here, but still managed to keep off all the weight! YIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

8. We swam/snorkeled in a cave - It was the highlight by far

9. We snorkeled in the ocean. Sipping salt water tastes really good *shifty eyes*

10. I drove on the highway, ALL BY MYSELF! Granted I was on a scooter, but it's a start! I actually managed to merge with "traffic". All of their 30 oldie cars, horse and carages and motor bikes!

11. We learned that hitchhiking is legal in Cuba and it's mandatory to stop and pick people up if you have space. They have uniformed officers enforcing this in the middle of the streets......craziness.

12. All in all, we had a wondeful time, we learned a lot of the Cuban culture and history. Our resort, two thumbs up....Fantastic.

And the pictures will do the rest of the talking...........VIVA CUBA!!!!!!!

No comments: