Monday, October 06, 2008

I am weak, hear me roar!

Nope...Clearly I cannot stay away. I tried, I failed...Miserably. I need this space to spill my guts. And I'm far too lazy to start fresh.

Now on to the most important thing -- my clever bunny

I love this age. Suddenly there's an explosion of discovery and milestones and they keep on coming. Kayla can now point at body parts when asked, although if you ask her "Where's Kayla's nose?" she will often shove a finger right up there and grin like a loon. She waves hello and goodbye, claps her hands, and points. At everything. She can say dog, mummy/mama, daddy/dada, Papa, cracka, done, nana (for "banana"), dirty (repeating me when I was telling her not to go rummaging through the garbage), bath, naughty, monkey and "NO!". Ahhh sweet. I can already see where this is heading over the next months and years.

She tries to put her own clothes on, and she does have a general idea of where everything goes. If I ask her if she's done eating, she puts her cup on her plate and hands it over to me. She understands "share", but doesn't always obey. She understands "Go find your toys", "tidy up" and "Let's go to Kayla's room." If she does something naughty like hit, she will come over and give a hug if you tell her to say sorry. She's growing up fast, my little bunny. Too fast.

Next on the list -- Things are moving at a snails pace right now when it comes to the possibility of "THE MOVE". Passports are in the works -- but lord only knows when this is going to happen. I'm ready...Lets just do this sucker already.

I'm physically and emotionally exhausted....But the haircut helps for some reason! You're officially a mother when you get a haircut. It's like a force that can't be stopped. You don't have a choice, once it hits you, there's no stopping it. I haven't had my haircut this short since about grade 5! So you can imagine the courage it took to chop of the precious. It was hard, for sure....But worth it in the end. I claimed my rite of passage once that first snip of the scissors happened - I'm an "adult".

Here's to new beginnings....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you getting rid of the blog?

and who is the band?

how is the 'move'.. what do you need to do?

I love you

Kathryn said...

Nutty -- We need to talk again -- Things are crazy here. But we'll do a phone date soonish? XO

Kathy said...

I love that she says, "CRACKA!"