Friday, February 23, 2007

Is It Just Me!?

A conversation with my mom went like this tonight:

Mom: Say "hi" to Cathy and Dave for us tommorrow.

Kathryn: Who?

*Long pause*

Mom: I'm pretty sure they're your in-laws!!

Kathryn: Oh....Right!

End Conversation

The funniest part of this convo in my opinion is Scott's reaction to it all...

Post-Mom conversation:

Kathryn: I was just talking to my mom and she was said to say "hi" to Cathy and Dave for them.

*Scott giving a strange, confused look*

Kathryn: Your mom!

*Scott with the face of recognition and bursting out laughing*

Scott: I had no idea who you were talking about either!

Both Scott and I had tears rolling down our faces!

I guess it's been too long since we've seen the in-laws if we're forgetting their names! I think it's about time we go for a visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Have a good day with the strangers.
nutty

Kathy said...

That's hilarious.
I'm glad to see that another man in this world married a woman with the same name as his mom. Jay's mom's name is Kathy too.
This wierds me out from time to time.
Have fun with Dave and Cathy.