So, when do you stop looking like you ate all the pies and start looking like you're pregnant and have a reason to be fat and waddly? Seriously, this in-between stage is really starting to depress me. I'm very tempted to get into maternity wear and shove a pillow down my pants. Meh.
On another note , the further along in pregnancy you get, the more you realise that a lot of what you read in pregnancy books is an enormous bucket of caca. To be fair, no one could write a book that would accurately describe your pregnancy, but I would like to see less of the "Welcome to week x! By now, you should be going through a, b, and c!" sort of thing. In real life, by week x, you might be going through c, but a and b never happen and good lord, what is this e, f, and g that's going on?? Please, pregnancy book/web site authors, never tell women that they "should" be experiencing any particular symptoms. It's annoying and in the early weeks, frightening if you're going through something completely different.
Even though I'm quite superstitious about buying baby things too early on, I have actually bought a few baby-related thing: a high chair and some clothing(unisex of course!).
Heaven help me when I actually start buying a lot of baby things and doing up the nursery. I'll probably end up hand painting a rendition of the Sistine Chapel on the ceiling featuring Teletubbies or Barney!!!!!
I keep feeling these odd fluttering sensations lately (always during the day when I'm sitting up). It's almost like there are little tiny earthquakes happening in my tummy or beanies's got a little drum in there. I'm going to cherish this moment. I have a feeling that beanie is ricocheting around my womb after that fudgsicle I just ate(and it's only 8:30am!!!!!). Whee!
Is it just gas? I bet it's just gas. Damn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment